Hi! I’m from the Internet.
I’m the Digital Services Manager for a public library in Northern Kentucky. I’m responsible for all things digital including the library’s digital branch, online events, and social media. My areas of expertise include web development, social media, open source software, mobile computing, and speaking about technology.
I previously spent eleven years as the Technology Coordinator & Assistant Director for SWON Libraries, a non-profit in Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky that supports libraries in providing excellent services. I provided technology consultation, technology training, and facilitated shared projects among libraries of all types and sizes. Before that I worked for the Library Computing Services Department at Wright State University.
I live in Cincinnati with my wife, two kids, and two hungry cats. I am very much a geek, but am often mis-labeled a dork. I try to spend my free time enjoying music and exploring new technology, but I usually just get suckered into playing with my kids.
- My full name is Glendon D. Horton. (Danger is my middle name)
- I was born in Chicago and moved to SW Ohio with my mom and little sister when I was 12.
- My wife and I met in ninth grade and married almost nine years later.
- The earliest trace of me on the Internet is a Usenet posting on October 3, 1994.
- My first computer was an Atari 400.
- My left knee has a torn ACL and 2 torn cartilage. I need to get that fixed some day.
- I’ve never had brain freeze from eating ice cream. Never
- I am a Google and Star Wars fanboy.
- I don’t drink alcohol, but I consume a little diet pop. OK, I drink a lot of diet pop. I’m a thirsty guy.
- You can often find me listening to 80′s music and 90′s alternative bands.
- I believe that Pluto is a planet.
- When I was five I made an appearance on an episode of Diff’rent Strokes.
- I made that last one up.